Do you want to lose weight?
Do you want to get more energy and be protected from killer disease like cancer?
Do you want to maintain that youthful glow and delay the signs of ageing?
So you want to protect your heart and lower bad cholesterol?
If you answer Yes to all this questions, then the easiest way to achieve this is by doing some lifestyle change. Yes, you don’t need expensive surgery or those popular diet formulas to be healthy. All it takes is a simple lifestyle change.
Our health is dependent on what we eat and how well we take care of our body and by altering our diet and our daily routine, then we are already on our way to improving our health.
Here are a few ways on how a simple lifestyle change can improve one’s health and one’s life:
1. Eat a balanced diet. This is important, as you have to eat food that contains the nutrients that your body need. This doesn’t mean that you always have to eat low-fat, low-carb foods all the time. You can have a balance diet and eat healthy by taking less of the wrong food. Trying to stay away from fatty and salty foods like deep-fried French fries or pizza is one way of healthy eating. If you will prepare pasta, why not choose those tomato-based sauces that are low in fat and carbo rather than those rich cream-based pasta.
2. Avoid soft drinks. As much as possible avoid drinking soft drinks and instead you should try to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. Our body is made up of 70% water and so we should drink enough water to replenish the water that our body uses everyday as we do different activities.
Drinking healthy beverages like MonaVie juice can also help as this nutritional drinks are rich in antioxidants which has a lot of great benefits for our health like:
· Lowers bad cholesterol thus preventing heart diseases like heart failure, high blood pressure and stroke.
· Improves our immune system thus helping prevent common diseases like coughs and colds.
· Flush out bad toxins which can help prevent cancer
· Improves eye health
· Give more energy
3. Exercise. You don’t need to go to the gym and have a full body workout to achieve this. A walk in the park, a bike ride, an early morning run is just a few easy and simple ways to do exercise.
4. Quit your unhealthy habits. Smoking and drinking is the top candidate for bad habits that you should start to quit if you want to live a healthy lifestyle. This might be the most difficult thing to achieve but you should always remember your goal, which is to live healthy so you will be inspired to take on the challenge and quit all those nasty habits that can kill you.
5. Visit your doctor at least once every year. Doctors are the experts when it comes to health care so you should at least visit them at least once a year for an annual physical exam as they are the best person to know if there is something wrong with your health.
6. Maintain a balance life. Have a good balance between work and play. Stress is a big contributor to heath degradation. Have fun and enjoy life. You should not just revolve your life around work. You are just human and your body will bog down if you abuse it by doing too much work.
We only have one body and therefore we should really take good care of it. By following this easy lifestyle changes mentioned above, you are already on your way to improving your health and your life.