Do you know that every third Saturday of October is the so-called SWEETEST DAY celebration? actually I only got to know this special day when I read an article that talks about gifts suggestion or ideas for Sweetest Day 2011! Then it hit me, that maybe the reason for all the cramming and gift buying in the states last week, when facebook statuses flooded with people in search for perfect and sweetest gifts for their beloved ones! Oh well, good thing that said occasion is still not being observed here, but for sure in the coming years it’ll be! And that would be the time for us to get busy on finding gifts and sweetest ideas to prepare or offer to our loved ones too!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What looks beautiful to a man may be different from a woman's point of view but it seems that most men consider beauty on the same level and among women's point of view, the variety is far and wide.
Since men are almost aways on the lookout for what is beautiful or sexy, that fact drives women who wanted to be wanted by those men who think so. Since there is such a trend going, media holds on to this item which later come to dictate what the society wants. The like of Total Top 10 publishing their say on who has got the top 10 sexy lips in Hollywood psychologizes men and women alike letting it be known what is the basis for what sexy lips look like. If you will notice, most of them have thick lips, which prod women to have cosmetic surgery just to look sexy.
Do you want to lose weight?
Do you want to get more energy and be protected from killer disease like cancer?
Do you want to maintain that youthful glow and delay the signs of ageing?
So you want to protect your heart and lower bad cholesterol?
If you answer Yes to all this questions, then the easiest way to achieve this is by doing some lifestyle change. Yes, you don’t need expensive surgery or those popular diet formulas to be healthy. All it takes is a simple lifestyle change.
Our health is dependent on what we eat and how well we take care of our body and by altering our diet and our daily routine, then we are already on our way to improving our health.
Here are a few ways on how a simple lifestyle change can improve one’s health and one’s life:
1. Eat a balanced diet. This is important, as you have to eat food that contains the nutrients that your body need. This doesn’t mean that you always have to eat low-fat, low-carb foods all the time. You can have a balance diet and eat healthy by taking less of the wrong food. Trying to stay away from fatty and salty foods like deep-fried French fries or pizza is one way of healthy eating. If you will prepare pasta, why not choose those tomato-based sauces that are low in fat and carbo rather than those rich cream-based pasta.
2. Avoid soft drinks. As much as possible avoid drinking soft drinks and instead you should try to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. Our body is made up of 70% water and so we should drink enough water to replenish the water that our body uses everyday as we do different activities.
Drinking healthy beverages like MonaVie juice can also help as this nutritional drinks are rich in antioxidants which has a lot of great benefits for our health like:
· Lowers bad cholesterol thus preventing heart diseases like heart failure, high blood pressure and stroke.
· Improves our immune system thus helping prevent common diseases like coughs and colds.
· Flush out bad toxins which can help prevent cancer
· Improves eye health
· Give more energy
3. Exercise. You don’t need to go to the gym and have a full body workout to achieve this. A walk in the park, a bike ride, an early morning run is just a few easy and simple ways to do exercise.
4. Quit your unhealthy habits. Smoking and drinking is the top candidate for bad habits that you should start to quit if you want to live a healthy lifestyle. This might be the most difficult thing to achieve but you should always remember your goal, which is to live healthy so you will be inspired to take on the challenge and quit all those nasty habits that can kill you.
5. Visit your doctor at least once every year. Doctors are the experts when it comes to health care so you should at least visit them at least once a year for an annual physical exam as they are the best person to know if there is something wrong with your health.
6. Maintain a balance life. Have a good balance between work and play. Stress is a big contributor to heath degradation. Have fun and enjoy life. You should not just revolve your life around work. You are just human and your body will bog down if you abuse it by doing too much work.
We only have one body and therefore we should really take good care of it. By following this easy lifestyle changes mentioned above, you are already on your way to improving your health and your life.
People at my age might be also thinking that our grandfathers had somewhat touched our lives. They might have taught us the hard way but that teachings curved us in what we are now. The determination, hard work and discipline has been part of our daily routines and that is because our grandfathers are even stricter than our parents. It may be hard when we are young but we are getting what we want now because of that hardship. So for all the people out there, we should prepare grandpa gifts this Christmas to show our gratitude to them or better help our kids find one or two for their grandpa!
Christmas is forthcoming, it is around two months to go and as of now people are starting to think about giving gifts to special someone and what to be given to them. Well, for people who are rich and got almost everything they need, it is better to just give consumable items to them like cookies, cakes, chocolates and others. And for that, I am thinking of giving my god parents nuts or baked cookies and I am starting to look for a really good cookie gift basket which will enhanced the presentation of my gift to them.
My father worked for thirteen years in a cruise line ship, it is from there where we got all the financial needs for our studies, car, home and apartment construction. Actually, he very much want me to follow his footsteps after finishing school, unfortunately due to some reason or another, I wasn’t able to even I can be one of ship’s crew and snag one of those Beverage/Sommelier Jobs and yes, earn big. But life has different plan for me, as I become a wife and mother at the early of 24. To tell you honestly, sometimes when I look back, there is this slight regret inside but when I get to see my daughter, at that instant everything feels right. No regrets after all.
Aside from awesome philip stein and citizen watches that I have been dreaming for years now, I also wanted to receive a new Coach sunglasses. It’s been almost a year when I last purchase my piece and I believe it’s time for a fabulous replacement. Just in time for the holiday season! Anyways, here are some of picks from the site’s selection… thinking of flaunting aviator types but still considering those big celebrity style black ones as it is very much easy to pair up with any get up compare to aviators. Oh well, we’ll see… as long as these babies will be on sale, that will then be the sign to buy! :)
One of the many things the husband and I enjoyed doing together is dining out. Basically because we both love to eat and try different new places to dine. We are actually both adventurous when it comes to food so we make sure to try out new restaurants and see if their menus passes our distinctive tastes! oh no, we aren’t the luxurious dining-type, for the record we love affordable meals (just like most masses are). Though we make sure to try once in a while fancy restaurants too, especially during special events. It is also during dining out when we get the chance to check out different billing ways such as Aldelo System and pay as you order system and everything in between. Bottom line, we love doing things together, and eating is just one of the many things :)